Old School in D&D Short fan Film

I’ve seen this short fan film linked to on a number of blogs and forums, but not many “old school” sites. This is a shame because Old School D&D fans are probably the folks most likely to recognize the illustrations from old adventures and old books that were used in this short. Enjoy.

You may also like...

10 Responses

1. Jeff Rients says:

That. was. AWESOME!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

2. Randall says:

The folks who did this film did a great job and really have a feel for the material. It beats either of the D&D movies, IMHO.

3. Anonymous says:

I agree with Mr Rients.

And I rarely use the word 'awesome'.

4. Stuart says:

That video was edited by Riley Swift of Dungeon Majesty / Telefantasy Studios. The music was composed for the video by one of the guys from the Metal Band "Crom".

It's one of my favourite web videos. When I was interviewing JJ from Dungeon Majesty (also one of the ladies at the beginning of this vid) I made a point of asking about how it was put together and where the music came from.

5. Neato! I couldn't tell where much of the art came from, but I know I've seen it or something like it many times. I loved the feel of it all. Especially that really detailed art I associate with Fighting Fantasy game books from England.

6. I liked it so much I also put it on me blog.

@Stuart
    Dude, you can't go throwing out you have an interview without linking to it.

7. Stuart says:

The interview isn't online yet. Hopefully I'll get back on track with that project this summer and start posting them. 🙂

8. Randall says:

Stuart,

I can't wait to see this interview, so I hope you can get the project back on track.

9. What is the name/link of this? The video box embedded is doa. Not surprising since it's been six years.

10. Randall says:

The video works for me. The Youtube page says "Uploaded on Nov 1, 2006 A finalist in the 2006 D&D Fan Film Contest. WORLD OF ADVENTURE" I don't know if World of Adventure is the name of the film or the contest. Here's a direct link to the film on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kJxsrQvGc0#t=42