I’m still looking for people to sponsor Microlite75 and Advance Microlite20 OSS with a donation to the RetroRoleplaying Cancer Fund. Sponsors will not only get all the downloadable pdfs that all donors to the RetroRoleplaying Cancer Fund receive but will be listed as a sponsor in all version 1.x editions of the game — including upcoming playtest versions.
- If you donate $25 or more you will also be listed as a Bronze Sponsor of Microlite75 and Advanced Microlite20 OSS in all 1.x editions of the rulesbooks.
- If you donate $50 or more you will also be listed as a Silver Sponsor of Microlite75 and Advanced Microlite20 OSS in all 1.x editions of the rulesbooks.
- If you donate $100 or more you will also be listed as a Gold Sponsorof Microlite75 and Advanced Microlite20 OSS in all 1.x editions of the rulesbooks.
Some of the currently available downloads include:
- pdf copies of the two issues of The Grimoire I published in the late 1970s (which I blogged about here: The Grimoire #1 and The Grimoire #2
- pdf copy of The Second Grimoire of Pharesm the Bright-Eyed, a set of house rules for a BECMI campaign I ran at a game shop in the mid-1980s.
- Microlite74 2.0 Special Edition — a 60-page PDF designed to be printed in booklet format from Adobe Acrobat. Like the digest-sized version of Microlite74 1.1, the artwork is by Håkan Ackegård. (Visit Håkan Ackegård’s Fantasy Gallery to see more of Håkan Ackegård’s fantastic art.) Unlike that first attempt at a digest-sized edition, the pages in this edition are numbered and there is a table of contents. This Special Edition incorporates the rules from the first supplement, giving you all the rules currently available for Microlite74 in one booklet. The text has been reformatted into a single column in a large enough font to easily read.
When finished, special donor editions of Microlite75 and Advanced Microlire20 OSS will be available for download as well. To get access to these downloads, send a donation in any amount — small or large — to the RetroRoleplaying Cancer Fund via Paypal at this link:
And until the final versions of Microlite75 and Advanced Microlite20 OSS are published, donations of $25 or more will be considered Microlite75 sponsors as described above. We already already has four bronze sponsors (Dennis Kadera, Shane Morales, Ronald Pehr, Richard Tongue) and two silver sponsors (Matthew Cooper, Sebastian Dietz), hopefully more people will feel that it is something they can and want to do. If you run an old school RPG related business, you can trade being listed as a sponsor in the front of the rulebooks for ad space in both games (quarter page ad — $25, half page ad — $50, full page ad — $100). However, space for ads is limited and are first come, first served. Microlite74 was downloaded nearly 4000 times last year, so this can be an affordable way to help my cancer bills and get some targeted advertising.
Special Note for those who have no idea what the RetroRoleplaying Cancer Fund is all about: my wife is recovering successfully from oral cancer. I worked on the original Microlite74 as way to cope during her recovery from 6 weeks of radiation treatment in 2008. We are some of the 40 to 50 million people in the US who do not have health insurance. Worse, we do not qualify for government aid as we live in Texas and have no children. The cancer treatments have cost over $110,000 so far. While some of this has been absorbed by hospital foundations and the like (and donors to the RetroRoleplaying Cancer Fund have chipped away at more of it), we still owe a lot of it. We accept donations to help us pay these bills.