Our second “Sponsor Lords & Wizards with a RetroRoleplaying Cancer Fund Donation Mini-Drive” was a success, here’s the third. For those unfamiliar with our RetroRoleplaying Cancer Fund Mini-Drives, they are an effort to both help pay off my wife’s continuing cancer-related bills (her latest semi-annual checkup was in late May, she’s still cancer-free but this checkup added another almost $800 to the cancer bills by the time lab tests were included and a trip to her new doctor monday added over $500 to the bill) and to keep my promise to my wife give away a large part of the boxes of old RPG gaming material I inherited in January. I’m running a series of “Sponsor Microlite 81 (and Lords & Wizards) with a Retro-Roleplaying Cancer Fund Donation” drives. Unlike previous drives, each mini-drive will have a low goal amount before we draw for giveaway items and after we give away a set of items, I’ll offer another set of items and start the process over again.
Each $10 donated during a drive with give you one chance to win one of the items (or sets of items) in the giveaway. A drive will end on the Saturday after the goal is reached (but each drive will last at least a week), with the drawing at my Sunday game the next day. Items will be mailed at no cost to the winner within the US. Foreign winners will generally need to pay postage, unfortunately — with the low goal for each mini-drive I can’t cover foreign postage and have any money to pay off cancer bills on any but the lightest items.
If you donate at least $25, you will be listed as a “Copper” Sponsor in the Lords & Wizards PDF. If you donate at least $51, you will be listed as a Silver Lords & Wizards PDF. If you donate $101 or more, you will be listed as a Gold Sponsor. Silver and higher level sponsors come with special benes. All Sponsors will also have access to a special donor area on our forum where they can have input into the design process. Note that once you become a Silver sponsor with a donation of at least $25, all future donations during this series of mini-drives will be cumulative for determining your “sponsor level.” Anyone donating at least $101 will receive one free chance at giveaway items in future Sponsor Lords & Wizards minidrives, even if you make no donations to that particular mini-drive.
All donors receive the usual array of free Retro-Roleplaying Cancer Fund donor downloads which includes work-in-progress copies of projects (like Lords & Wizards) I’m working on.
The third “Sponsor Lords & Wizards with a RetroRoleplaying Cancer Fund Donation” has a $500 (after PayPal fees) goal and the following items will be given away in the drawing (as described above):
* Booty and the Beasts from Fantasy Art Enterprises (published 1979). Designed by Erol Otus, Paul Reiche III, and Mathias Genser. Art by Erol Otus. It’s in excellent condition.
* First Fantasy Campaign (1st Edition, I think) — It’s in very good condition and includes two campaign maps the can attach to the Judges Guild Wilderlands. Dave Arneson provides a boatload of information on his Blackmoor campaign. It’s not very well-organized, but there is a great detail of raw information both about Blackmoor and Dave’s version of D&D.
* Judges Guild Character Chronicle Cards, Second printing, 1977. All cards appear to be present. The cards are in excellent condition. The title card is yellow.
* Next up, two “adventures” from Wilmark Dynasty. These two items claim to be adventures ran at conventions, but they strike me as parodies of convention competition adventures. Journey to the Center of the Circle by Micaela Corradin is an adventure for characters with handicaps (peg legs, deaf, one-handed, etc.). It’s 12 pages of rare weirdness (possibly offensive to people with disabilities), published in 1981. The second Wilmark Dynasty adventure we are giving away in this drive is The Vampyre’s Mirror by Lee McCormick. It’s also 12 pages and it has to a parody, it really does. (Wilmark Dynasty also published the Melanda: Land of Mystery RPG in 1981. It’s fairly normal, so I don’t know what to make of these two adventures.)
* D&D Basic Boxed Set — the 8th printing which is the first printing of the Tom Moldvay. It’s complete with the rule book, a copy of B2 and bag of those awful TSR dice). It’s in Excellent condition.
* D&D Expert Boxed Set — the 1st printing of the Expert Set with the Expert rules by David Cook. It’s complete with the rule book, a copy of X1 and another bag of those “wonderful” TSR dice). It’s in Excellent condition.
Special High Donor Giveaway: the top three donors in this mini-drive will have a separate drawing for a set of the original G-series TSR modules (G1, G2, and G3 as separate modules). These are rare in this “three separate modules” form and are in excellent condition.
Special Bonus: As previously announced, once $1000 total in donations is reached from these mini-drives, we will be giving away of the one extremely rare TSR D&D items: R2 – Investigation of Hydel. We will hit $1000 at the end of this mini-drive. If you have donate to this third mini-drive or either of first two mini-drives, you will be in the drawing for this very rare item.
Other items such as Starbucks gift cards, Steam games, etc. are donated from time to time. If any are available at the time of the next drawing, they may be added as extra giveaway items. I’m never heard anyone complain about winning something unexpected.
If you would like to help but cannot make a donation this time, please help spread the word around the blogsphere (and other places) — and remember that we will be having more mini-drives after this one. In fact, if you make a post to your blog talking about this fundraising drive and post a link to your post in a comment to this post, we’ll give you one entry in the raffle. Note: Your blog will have to have some way for us to email you if you get lucky or will will not be able to get your prize to you. I still have not been able to pass Mind Reading 101.
To get help us pay our cancer treatment related bills (and to get access to some special downloads and possibly the above mentioned items), send a donation in any amount — small or large — to me via Paypal. My apologies for having to ask for donations and my heartfelt thanks to everyone who donates. If you cannot donate but wish to help, please spread the word about my request and offer. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
(Special Note: Apologies for any typos in this post. I’m suffering from having mowed the yard this morning in the Texas heat so I’m even worse than usual about noticing them. I’ll correct any I notice tomorrow after I’ve recovered. (Heat, humidity, and Randall are a poor mixture.)