By request of one of my Sunday game players, I’ve been working on a digest-sized version of Swords & Wizardry Continual Light that can easily be used on tablets. Naturally, I could not resist tinkering with the game while I did so. I’ve rearranged some of the text and made a few other changes:
* I’ve made all the rolls “higher is better,” including D6 rolls for thieves, etc.
* I’ve modified the undead turning system so no table is needed.
* I’ve taken the experience system and ran away with it.
* I’ve added some equipment.
* I’ve added more monsters.
* I’ve given more guidelines for dungeon design and added guidelines for adventuring in dungeons and wilderness areas.
* I’ve added reactions rolls and morale. In my not so humble opinion, it’s not old school D&D without them.
And probably some other minor changes I’ve forgotten. The final version will have art. It will be Pay What You Want.
RetroRoleplaying Cancer Fund Donors can download the 0.5 Draft with their password from this link:
And yes, Dungeon Delving is a totally unplanned new game that is taking time from what I should be working on. You can thank my love for SWCL and my Sunday game group for suggesting it. It should be ready for release soon.
Please Support BX Advanced with a Donation: If you would like to have access to the BX Advanced playtest rules (as well as other donor files — like free copies of all the “for sale” RetroRoleplaying publications), you can make a donation towards my wife’s medical fund (old oral cancer bills and more current MS-related bills). Donations to the RetroRoleplaying Cancer Fund for $10 or more will also earn a listing as a sponsor in the BX Advanced rulebook. A donation of $10 gets a Bronze Donor listing. ($25+ earns a Copper Donor listing, $50+ Silver, $100+ Gold, 200+ Platinum, 300+ Electrum, $500+ Adamantine) — see the sidebar for a list of donors so far. If you would like to sponsor BX Advanced with a donation, you can send a donation in any amount — small or large — to the RetroRoleplaying Cancer Fund via Paypal.